Monday, October 6, 2008

CNN and Doggie Thinking

It’s Monday and we’re into our second day of serious rains. I did manage to get out on Saturday and got in a little shooting but Sunday was rained out, as was my plan for a Monday morning duck hunt. Oh well. I did finish some paperwork.
Tomorrow morning should be just about perfect for some slough hunting for mallards. I’ve got two sloughs that are within a few minutes and I can hunt them and be back to start writing by mid-morning. I think Cookie will be pleased. She has been pestering me to get out and hunt more. When she wants me to go hunting she’ll put her chin on me leg and whine, then when I ask her what she wants and I stand up she runs to the back of my office where my hunting jacket is hanging and she tries to grab it. Sometimes I think she is much smarter than I will ever be able to understand. I wonder what the world would be like if those of us who have a hunting dog in our family listened more to our dogs and less to CNN. glg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I wonder what the world would be like if those of us who have a hunting dog in our family listened more to our dogs and less to CNN"

AMEN to that one, amigo!

You are pretty lucky to live that close to hunting. I have a lot of flexibility in my work schedule, but it's a solid two hours to the nearest legal waterfowling, and at least two and a half hours to hunt pigs or deer.

Bright side is, I can hunt pigs year round! Life and lemons and all that, right?

Blessed said...

I think dogs are a whole lot smarter than most news reporters... :)

Galen Geer said...

Phillip, I envy you the pig hunting--we don't have that in North Dakota (so far, but word is they are starting to show up which is not good for our upland birds).

Blessed, at least the talking heads. I have less of an impulse to throw things at my newspaper than I do at me TV. glg